INEM/ SOIB Unemployment

If you live and work in Spain but your job is only seasonal like many of them are, then you are usually entitled to receive unemployment money when your work contract finishes.

If you had a 6 month contract, you should be able to apply for what is called ayuda which is a monthly sum from the government until your summer job begins again. If you have been on contract for 12 months, you should be able to apply for paro which is more money but for less time.

Here´s what you do:

  • Make an appointment at the SOIB by ringing 012. Here they will tell you whether you have all the correct documents or what you are missing.
  • Next make an appointment at the INEM by calling 901010210 or online at You will need to enter the post code of either Ibiza town, or San Antonio to begin, followed by your N.I.E. number so make sure you know both of these.

All appointments must be made within 15 working days, after the date that your contract ends. Make sure you have all your necessary contract documents and your certificado de empresa, along with your own personal identification - N.I.E. certificate and passport.

We hope this helps, but if you do have any questions, feel free to email us at