Ibiza Winter Wonderland
Your Winter Sunshine Getaway
It is simply impossible to squeeze all 300 days of sunshine into the short, sizzling summer months, so here in Ibiza, we have the luxury of spreading them around a little. We even generously add a few days of tantalising sunshine to the wintry months of January and February ........ if you can believe it.
But that is not the only little winter secret the White Island holds close to her chest. She is brimming with them. But if you want to discover some of them for yourself, then you will have to come and visit her in her "tranquil" season. Because this is her time to regenerate - from the sweltering heat, from the crowds and from all the noise. This is her time to shine and, as always, she does it all with style. Her scorched, orange earth is replaced with a thick carpet of yellow and blue flowers. White blossoms adorn her almond trees in a display that will literally stop you in your tracks and the peach trees put on quite a show too. She has splendid trails to explore that are all but impossible to complete or enjoy in the scorching summer sun. But most of all she has a sense of authenticity that is not easily appreciated in the crowded cosmopolitan summertime.
120 000 people call Ibiza home all year round so while most shops in the resort areas do close for the winter months, the idea that Ibiza closes down completely, is well, just not true. Ibiza town and Santa Eulalia remain the bustling shopping mecca's they are in the summer but in the wintertime you have the added bonus of amazing sales to boot - and with up to 70% off on everything in store, you would be forgiven if you thought that Christmas had come early.
The cooler months are packed with fiestas and festivals. Each village putting on a spectacular to commemorate their patron saint. Food stalls, live music and carnival rides ensure that a good time is had by both young and old alike. Halloween too, is a colourful occasion and culminates in parties that kick off at bewitching hour. Of course Christmas and New year are always times for celebration with Christmas lights bejewelling every village and there are no shortage of places to satisfy your every desire, many re-opening for just these occasions. You might even enjoy testing out your poker face at the Casino while indulging in a glass or two of bubbly.
If horse riding or eating brunch one of the breathtaking beaches up north or diving a wreck on a sunny winters day is not your cup of tea, then never fear, there is a party to be had here all year round. Pacha never sleeps, so if your are a night owl that likes to boogie the night away, this is where you will want to be. It is the only one of the big boys to remain open all year, come rain or shine........ but lets face it, it never disappoints.
You, however, will be disappointed if you don't take the time and effort to explore all the magnificent things and wondrous places this magical island has on offer and so in an effort to avoid such an atrocity, we have put together a list of enchanting and memorable things for you to try. But keep in mind, this is just a taste tester. You will quickly see that Ibiza is always an expert temptress but she gets even more beguiling when she has had a little time to cool off.
For more information about what to do in Ibiza in the Winter and a comprehensive guide to all things Ibiza, please visit us on www.myibizainfo.com
Written by Chantal Azevedo
- Balafia - San Juan Road
- Ocho - San Juan Road
- Casa colonial - Santa Eulalia
- Aura - Sant Llorenc
- El Desvan - Ibiza Town
- Sushi Point - Ibiza Town
- Trattoria del Mar - Marina Botafoch
- Ancient People -Ibiza Town
- Yemanja beach bar - Cala Jondal
- Diving - Sea Horse scuba diving
- Horse riding -Can Mayol
- Casino - Paseo Maritimo Ibiza Town
- Boat Charter - Topsail
- Gran Hotel - Ibiza Town
- Thalosso spa - Insotel fenicia Prestige Santa Eulalia
- Can Carreu - San Carlos
- Daily Christmas market - Vara del Rey Ibiza town
- Saturday Christmas market - Las Dalias San Carlos
- EGB - Ibiza Town
- Histeric Ibiza - Vara de Rey Ibiza Town
- Envy - Ibiza Town
- Aura - San Llorenc
- Teatro Pereira - beneath the city wall Ibiza Town
- Pacha - Ibiza Town
- Blu -Ibiza Town
- Bambudda grove - Santa Eulalia
- Underground - San Rafeal
Not to miss
- Three kings parade - 6 January 6:30. Ibiza Town or Santa Eulalia
- Fun fair - at the Pacha roundabout from December until 6 January
- Dramatised tours around Dalt Vila - Every Sunday Ibiza Town
- Flamingos on the salt pans - Es Condolar beach
- Pirate tower - Cala Conta
- The Phoenician Settlement - Sa Caleta beach San Jose
- The underground Chapel of Santa Ines - San Antonio
- Caves Can Marca - Puerto San Miguel
- The Puig des Molins Necropolis
- Es Cuieram Caves - Ibiza (Dedicated to the Goddess Tanit)